About The Yoga Librarian™
Pat FitzGerald, RYT, YACEP
The Yoga Librarian™
Everyone I knows seems to have a presence on the web. It’s the way we all communicate.
When I was thinking about mine, I was struggling to create my unique web identity. Then I had that great “AHa Moment.” I connect people and information. I did it as a university research librarian. I did it as a corporate marketing manager. And I still continue to do it as a yoga teacher.
So I became The Yoga Librarian™.
I am a certified yoga instructor. I teach in a gentle hatha style focused on making yoga accessible to everyone. The combination of strength, balance, and endurance found in yoga makes it ideal for older adults.
All bodies are different, so we will all do the asanas differently. In each asana there are a couple of really important elements, and many that can be modified to those individual bodies.
I also certified as an older adult fitness trainer. When I teach strength-building classes I often incorporate yoga stretches and balances, as well as tai chi warm-ups, into the routines.
- Registered Yoga Teacher and Continuing Education Provider, Yoga Alliance
- Board-Certified Instructor, Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- Board-Certified Instructor, Tai Chi for Osteoporosis
- Certified Instructor, Healthy Steps for Older Adults™
- Certified Trainer: Yoga for the Rest of Us
- Certified Trainer: Older Adult Fitness
- Certified Exercise Leader: RSVP Bone Builders™
- Usui Reiki I Practitioner